The drainage area of Stearns County Ditch # 24 is about 413.41 acres, located SE of Richmond and SSW of Cold Spring approximately five miles.
- Ditch was established in 1905.
- Ditch was transferred to SRDA in 2003.
- Original benefits were $2,488.66
- In 2018, a landowner informational meeting was held to discuss the condition of the ditch and the assessment area. Landowners reported that the ditch was functioning fine but the assessment area needed to be corrected.
- A Redetermination of Benefits was initiated in 2020 to adjust to updated land values and adjust lands; removing those not benefitted and adding those that are benefitted.
- Benefits - $511,547.05
- Damages for Grass Strip Acquisition - $17,066.70.