The drainage area is 13,694 acres, located in parts of Westport, Grove Lake townships in Pope County; Raymond and Ashley townships in Stearns County.
It serves as the outlet for Stearns / Pope Joint Ditch #1 and Pope County Ditch #11.
- Ditch was established in 1906.
- Ditch Authority was transferred from Pope County to the SRDA in 1991.
- Records show many minor repairs have been completed on this system, but the record is not totally complete for this system. An As Built is on file.
- 2017 petition for repair was received by the SRDA.
- A Redetermination of Benefits was started in 2019 and completed in 2021. However, the process became complicated with two other legal ditch systems using PCD # 6 as their outlet. Benefits were determined for all properties within the watershed of PCD # 6 to include direct and indirect benefits (those lands contributing the need for system capacity and maintenance.
- Total Benefits - $1,039,088.57
- Total benefitted acres - 4,203.03