County Ditch #9
Section 30, T-125N, R 33W (Grove Directory)
Section 4, T-124N, R 34W (Lake George Directory)
Section 31, T-125N, R 32W (Oak Directory)
Composite: County Ditch #9 is 10.8 miles long with 8.8 miles of open ditch and 2.0 miles of tile. The main ditch starting in section 30 in Grove Township flowing eastward until it turns back into a private ditch west of Lake Marie. The ditch has one branch located West of Meire Grove, containing both open ditch and tile flowing south outleting into the main branch.
- The Original ditch was created in 1903.
- The ditch was transferred to the SRWD in 2003.
- In December of 2009 it was determined CD9 was out of repair.
- MBC drainage was contracted to complete the repair work in December of 2009, work consisted of:
- Excavating 265 cubic yards.
- 37,360 linear feet of tree and vegetation removal.
- 2,000 linear feet of erosion control and seeding.
- In June of 2014 the Drainage authority was made aware of multiple collapses on public tile line.
- October of 2014 the public tile was repaired.
- December of 2014 the district scoped public tile lines. The result of the scoping indicated the tile is in poor condition.
The benefits and damages where re-determined in 1984. There has also been additional review on whether or not the 1984 redetermination remains applicable, and it was determined the 1984 remains appropriate for assessing future repair costs.
Total benefit: $221,234.00
Total Damages: $88,656.00