Pope/Stearns Judicial Ditch #1
Start - Section 8, T-125-N, R-35-W, Raymond Township
End - Section 11, T-125-N, R-36-W, Grove Lake Township
Branch # 1
Entirely within NE Section 8, T-125-n, R-35-W, Raymond Township
Start - Section 16, T-125-N, R-35-W, Raymond Township
End - Section 7/18. T-125-N, R-35-W, Raymond Township
Branch #2, Fork #1
Entirely within Section 17, T-125-N, R-35-W, Raymond Township
- The land drained by JD1 starts in Stearns County about 8.5 miles Southwest of Sauk Centre. The ditch consists of a main stem, two branches, and one sub-branch(fork). The ditch flows south, then north and west and outlets into County Ditch #6. The total ditch length with the branches is 7.5 miles.
- JD1 was established in 1906.
- The Ditch was transferred to the SRWD in 1991.
- A partial abandonment was ordered in 21012 of Lateral One of Branch #1.
- A petition for repair was received in 2015.
- The order to proceed with repair was adopted in May of 2016.
- In September 2016, the repair process was put on hold to conduct a Redetermination of Benefits.
- The ROB and Repair processes were delayed significantly while working through federal and state requirements..
- In February 2021, the final Viewer's Report was adopted and the repair ordered to proceed.
- Total Benefits - $1,206,005.88