County Ditch #15
Section 4, T-125N, R 31W (Albany Directory)
Branch 2 extending North into Section 31, T-126N, R 31W (Krain)
Section 24, T-125N, R 32W (Oak Directory)
The system consists of approximately 8.36 miles of open ditch eventually converting into a private ditch for 1,800 feet and out-letting into Getchell Creek (CD26).
- The original ditch was constructed in July of 1907
- The ditch was transferred to the SRWD from Stearns county in 2003
- A survey was conducted in 2010 determining the alignment and profile.
- The survey determined CD15 is able to convey a 2-year precipitation event.
- An analysis of CD15 channel capacity resulted in specific reaches were in need of repair.
- In December of 2013 the SRWD advertised for bids, including:
- Tree clearing o Approximately 16,100 LF of ditch cleaning including excavation, grubbing, vegetation removal, and disposal of materials
- Approximately 16,400 LF of ditch cleaning including vegetation and brush removal only
- Approximately 750 SY of Class II riprap at existing tile outlets (including geotextile underlayment) o Approximately 50 LF of culvert removal and offsite disposal (RCP)
- Culvert installation (RCP w/ flared end sections)
- Approximately 170 SY of Class III riprap at culvert outlets (including geotextile underlayment)
- Buffer Establishment, Site Restoration and Erosion Control o Installation of low flow crossing(s) o Approximately 5,000 LF ditch side slope reshaping
- March of 2014 Giese Tile and Excavating Inc. was contracted for the repair.
- February of 2015 Giese Tile and Excavating Inc. has completed 90% of the repair.
The SRWD hired viewers in October of 2010, to determined benefits of properties affected by County Ditch 15. The viewers determine the damages to lands and properties affected by acquisition of property rights for the establishment of best management practices, including grass strips, necessary to control erosion, sedimentation, improve water quality, or maintain the efficiency of the drainage system as part of the Redetermination of Benefits on County Ditch 15.
Total benefit: $670,130.00
Total Damages: $54,566.00